Job : Adult psychiatry
Country : Sweden
Available jobs: 6
Place of work: Public Hospital
Salary : The starting salary during employment is 38 000 SEK. Once you are qualified to work as a doctor in Sweden (e.g. by special appointment from Socialstyrelsen, the Swedish Healthcare Board) the salary becomes 42 000 SEK. When you receive the specialist legitimation issued by Socialstyrelsen, salary rises to 46 000 SEK. In case of permanent employment, salary is 48 000 SEK, but it must be approved by the authorities. When you meet the requirements for a Swedish specialist, your salary increases with at least 14 000 SEK. It usually takes about a year, but there are great individual differences. The decisive factor is how quickly you learn the language and get used to the local practices and working methods. This is always evaluated independently. Before achieving this competency you will be employed as a junior doctor (underläkare). Achieving a consultant (överläkare) position with an additional wage increase becomes an opportunity when you have full on call competence. Compensation for emergency work is about 200% of the normal hourly rate.
Services offered by the employer :
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed .
- 6 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Informal help during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 2 days long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
General information about Gävleborg: https://www.lansstyrelsen.se/gavleborg/En/Pages/default.aspx
Weather in Gävleborg: https://weatherspark.com/averages/28944/Soderhamn-Gavleborg-Sweden
General information about Sweden: https://work.sweden.se/living-in-sweden/
Requirements regarding clinical experience, treatments and types of patients.
All positions involve working with a broad range of psychiatric problems, this is why broad experience in working with seriously ill patients is expected. At least 3-5 years of relevant experience is necessary for both kinds of positions.
Special skills and interests necessary for the job
Good cooperation skills, interest and experience in team work.
What you should do ???
First : Send us your update cv in English
We assist you free of charge to do your registration at Swedish Healthcare Board